I was nominated for the Liebster Award by A Book Paradise!
Here are the rules:
-Share 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions that were generated by the person who nominated you.
-Nominate nine blogs who have a follower count of less than 300 people-let them know via comment on their blogs that they were nominated.
-Make up 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
*A Book Paradise has a few more details on her Liebster Award page, so check out the link above.*
11 Facts About Me:
1. I love to sing and I play piano as well!
2. I will pretty much listen to any music.
3. I have an obsession with glittery things.
4. If I were at Hogwarts, I would be in Hufflepuff (where the cool people are).
5. I LOVE Harry Potter (see fact number 4).
6. I really want to travel the world.
7. I am pretty short at five foot two, which my friends love reminding me of.
8. My favorite Disney movie is The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
9. I have a brown miniature poodle named Cinnamon.
10. I love stickers.
11. I enjoy writing!
Questions to answer:
1) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because of my love of reading. I would always finish a book and want to talk about it with someone, so I decided to blog. Also, there are significantly less people who read today and I really wanted to help more people to read. I also wished to help those who do read to expand their horizons. I actually began blogging in a joint blog (called Pages in Paris) with a few of my friends. However, for a variety of reasons, we decided to retire that blog. I didn’t want to stop there because I loved blogging so I created a new one. The result: The Novelty of Life.
2) Which one of your favorite characters would you choose to be and why?
I would choose Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter because of her bravery, strength and magical powers (why not?).
3) What is your favorite post to write about?
I really love writing reviews. It might be a bit cliche for an answer, but I genuinely enjoy giving my thoughts on a book I read.
4) Do you have any bookish pet peeves?
I hate having to put a book down in the middle of a chapter.
5) When did you become an avid reader?
I have always loved reading. I can not remember a time when I did not love to read.
6) How do you organize your bookshelves?
Erm, the stack, cram, and shove method?
7) Do you write stories or books? If so, which authors influence your writing?
I do write stories and books in my free time. I suppose Ally Carter and Sarah Dessen influence my writing style, but it’s hard to say.
8) How many book boyfriends do you have?
9) Which fictional character do you most relate to?
I haven’t read this book yet (although I probably will read it next), but I did see the movie. I would say Catherine from Northanger Abbey by: Jane Austen.
10) What are some of your favourite TV shows and why?
I don’t really have any specific TV show I follow. I kind of just watch any that seem interesting when I’m scrolling through the guide.
11) If you could turn back time to one memory in your life, what memory would you choose and why?
Interesting question! I can’t really answer this though because I can’t choose one specific memory.
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
2. What book did you dislike that many people liked?
3. If someone were to ask you why it is important to read,what would you say?
4. What is your favorite reading spot?
5. When did you begin blogging?
6. If you could meet any author, who would you choose to meet?
7. Do you prefer ebooks or hard copies? Why?
8. What is your favorite book? Why?
9. What is your least favorite book? Why?
10. If you had to get rid of all of your books except for five, which five would you keep?
11. What is the reasoning behind your blog’s title?
1. Karolina and Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections
2. Aditi @ A Thousand Words A Million Books
3. Louise @ Seraphim Book Reviews
4. Ashly @ Book ‘n’ Go
5. Nicole @ My Book Filled Life
6. Emily @ Thoughts From Lulu
7. Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog
8. Priyanka @ Priyanka Reads
9. Barbara Ann @ Sun Mountain Reviews
That’s all! I hope you have a marvelous day!